The professional bachelor's program of higher education "Practical Psychology" was accredited on May 28, 2010.
Department of Psychology prepares experts for work in the fields of education, healthcare, sports, social services and business.
The learning environment
The curriculum on practical psychology was designed to meet the standards that exist in Western Europe. It combines academic and vocational education and is aimed at personal development.
Job prospects of graduates
• Graduates work in the areas of education, healthcare, sports, industry, services, and private business;
• Many graduates work or continue their studies abroad;
• There is a possibility to improve skills in IHSHPP.
Studies are held in bright and modern classrooms with the active use of the Internet and modern technology. Leading experts of Latvia, France, Russia, Holland, Italy and the United States speak to students.
Languages of instruction: Latvian, Russian
Specificity of training
1. Graduates receive the degree of Bachelor of Professional Psychology and are qualified as a psychologist - assistant;
2. Students have the opportunity to continue their studies in summer – the School offers a variety of workshops;
3. Much attention is paid to the aesthetic side of personal development of a specialist;
4. The faculty has many associated structures: Art Gallery, Counseling Center, University of the Third Age, Psychology Club, and others;
5. Students perform a variety of creative tasks and above all they work with images or in the field of cross-cultural relations.